Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Scanning Documents

Last night I scanned Uncle August's Biography that was written for his retirement? his 50th year as a pastor?  I think it was written around 1977, so someone will have to job my memory.  I was able to scan it as a PDF file and I'm also putting it into a Word format so that... well I'm not sure why I'm doing both.  It must be a "Just Because" moment.

I know if dad reads this next part, he will have a flipping fit, but I struggled last night to throw out an old picture.  No not the picture above!  The baby on the right is Albert John and I've made the assumption that the baby on the left is Jerome Ommen, Albert John's cousin (Gladys Stahnke's son) because it appears that Gladys and Alice would have had a close relationship at this time, and both Jerry and Albert John were born a few months apart in 1929.  The picture I threw out last night was from this same series of photos but both boys had turned so that it was a shot of the backs of their heads.  Typical babies, right?  Yet I stood over the trash can holding a picture of no value (to us) that Grandma Alice obviously kept for the rest of her life and I wondered if I was doing the right thing; I have the hoarding gene!  Help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment