Monday, June 7, 2010

Let's Get Started

I'm sure the first question you may be asking yourself is: What harebrained idea does Susie have now? It's not like it's going to last more than 3 weeks anyway.

You're probably right, but I plan on giving it a try. My idea to keep a running conversation going on the Family History and who is what and who is who and why. I hit another burst of energy after our trip to South Dakota and have found new people and new information and new facts and new contacts. Everytime I call one of you and tell you about it the response is: I hope you're writing this down, if something happens to you no one will know any of this. So this is going to be my attempt to write it down.

So much has happened already that it feels odd to just jump in and start writing in the middle of it, but I need to start somewhere. I hope to present it in some kind of logical way that make sense, but my brain and way of thinking is much more "Brain Cloud" than linear thought. PLEASE post any questions you have in the comments field and I will respond to them and clarify and answer them as best as I can.

Also, I'm sending this site out to all members of my family since I am pursuing both the Lutjens and the George side of the family history. After much thought and careful consideration I chose to call this site "Lutjens" not to exclude anyone but because:
1) It is my name
2) I will be writing about this from my perspective. Hazel & Alice will be called Grandma Hazel and Grandma Alice.
3) This is my love letter to my brothers and my sister and all of our children and their children, but I also want to share with my extended family what I know so that they can also read what I have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment